Monday 25 February 2013

Fabulous morning


January 04, 2013

I don’t know how many of you in Chennai noticed the thick mists this morning…. It felt like I was in a hill station. At 6:15 this morning there was a dark gray carpet covering the countryside and it felt like I was looking down from a plane. In about half an hour, the sky started lightening, but the thick mist held its ground. When I walked my dog Alfie around that time, the visibility was just around 100 ft and dropping at times.
20130104_063714
This was such a fabulously novel occurrence for us here in Chennai and it was so thrilling to see the battle between the sun and the mist. It lightened and then suddenly darkened and this went on for almost an hour. If I was any younger I might have just gone around screaming around the complex with my arms stretched out in gay abandon and soaking in the fabulous weather.
What a sight it was to behold and all for free, without having to buy tickets, take the trouble of travelling and booking into a hotel.
The hill station was right here in my backyard, and all around me, visible from the balcony or the windows and beckoning me to come out and enjoy the chill….
20130104_064319
What is it about mists that evokes a sense of magic and  mystery and makes you imagine things, such as hearing the footsteps of Long john Silver, and a sense of anticipation that he will walk out of the mist any time soon.
While the rest of the world was sleeping, I quietly clicked a few snaps of this show by Mother Nature wrestled with my imagination and then got around to getting on with the rest of my day…..
I love the changing patterns and colours of the mornings and it never ceases to awe and astound me with the variety that it throws up every few seconds especially in the mornings and also in the evenings. Dawn and Dusk are such magical times if we took the trouble to look out at the sky and see the kaleidoscopic changing colours and patterns forming every few seconds for the half hour before and after the sun rises or sets.
20th flr misty morning

No comments:

Post a Comment