Monday 25 February 2013

The art of conversation

How many times have you wished that it is not worth having this conversation? It may be because the other person was not listening to you.... it may be because the other was not understanding you..... it may be because they have a counter for everything you say..... it may be that they were putting words in your mouth and jumping to conclusions.
Wasn't it really frustrating? I've been there. And I get there sometimes even now. I wonder whether I'm so dumb that I'm unable to make that person understand or sometimes I wonder whether they are that dumb or stupid that they are not understanding.
Whatever the reason, it leaves me pretty drained and yeah, sometimes it leaves me feeling stupid too. Where is the power of words that I thought I possessed? Where is the charm and the persuasive skills that has helped me before? A simple conversation suddenly turns into a minefield of arguments and counter arguments till you feel you are ready to throw in the towel.
Why wasn't this skill taught to me in school. These skills are what I need to survive in this world. But I ended up learning about the battle of Panipat and myriad other useless information that I never use in my daily life. And I've not been taught or if they did, I never learnt the art of conversing with someone without having to lose my cool and wishing that i'[d never opened my mouth.
When am I going to learn the art of conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment